This is my sixth installment in the series of blogs about why people care, or should care, about long-range transportation planning in general and Communities in Motion 2040 in particular.
We have been asking people – Treasure Valley residents, such as you – this question. I have committed to sharing those reasons with you each quarter in my blog. Below is the newest list.
Why people care about Communities in Motion 2040, as submitted by you:
- New projects may be coming to your neck of the woods…you’ll want to know!
- Do you really want someone else planning your future?
- So it’s still relevant to teach your kid how to ride a bike.
- Because gas is expensive!
- Because we all breathe the same air.
- So “the journey” is as enjoyable as the destination.
- Hindsight may be 20/20, but isn’t having foresight even better?
- Because I don’t want to rely on a holster to carry my inhalers.
- It’s your money!
- It’s the citizens who know best what is needed.
To share why you think Communities in Motion 2040 is important and why people should get involved ― why you care ― email email@example.com and we’ll post your ideas here. The next installment will be posted the beginning of July.
Also – just a reminder to submit your photos for the “Your Treasure Valley Future Photo Challenge.” Visit http://www.compassidaho.org/prodserv/cim2040_photos.htm to see what your friends and neighbors have submitted so far, then upload your photos.