This is my fifth installment in the series of blogs about why people care, or should care, about long-range transportation planning in general and Communities in Motion in particular.
We have been asking people – Treasure Valley residents, such as you – this question. I have committed to sharing those reasons with you each quarter in my blog. Below is the newest list.
Why people care about Communities in Motion 2040, as submitted by you:
- I work to live; not work to be stuck in traffic.
- The Mayans were wrong! It looks like 2040 really will come!
- Will it help me lose weight? (Note: It actually might! One of the goals is to encourage walking and biking.)
- I’d rather be fishin’ (…than sitting in traffic).
- People always complain that no one is planning for the future…COMPASS is!
To share why you think Communities in Motion 2040 is important and why people should get involved ― why you care ― email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post your ideas here. The next installment will be posted the beginning of April.
Also – just a reminder that we’re currently soliciting comment on some of the key issues in the plan. Visit http://www.compassidaho.org/prodserv/cim2040.htm to learn more and submit your comments. Comments will be accepted through noon, Tuesday, January 15, 2013.